Watermelon is undoubtedly the most popular and main berry of the last summer month. In addition to being incredibly delicious on its own, there are endless amounts of watermelon salads, drinks, desserts, and soups and snacks.
Salad with watermelon, spinach and lime juice
- Watermelon – 100 g
- Spinach – 10 g
- Chard – 5 g
- Feta cheese – 30 g
- Gorgonzola – 15 g
- Corn salad – 5 g
- Peach – 60 g
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Honey – 5 g
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Chickpea sprouts – 5 g
- Separate the flesh of the watermelon from the rind and cut into equal pieces.
- Wash the peach and cut into equal slices.
- Chop feta cheese, gorgonzola and chard and add along with chickpea sprouts to watermelon and peach.
- Season the finished dish with lime juice, honey and olive oil.
- Garnish with spinach and corn salad.
WATERMELON IN BACON WITH CRISPY SULUGUNI AND RED SAUCE
- Watermelon – 200-300 g
- Bacon (sliced) – 1 pack
- Breadcrumbs – 0.5 cups
- Suluguni – 100 g
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Flour – 0.2 cups
- Vegetable a little – 1 tbsp.
For the sauce:
- Concentrated beef broth – 1 cup
- Shallots – 1 pc.
- Red wine Saperavi – 50 ml
- Condari (savory) or thyme – 2-3 sprigs
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Ground hot pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Peel the watermelon, cut into 10 cm strips and wrap in bacon. Fry in a dry preheated skillet on both sides until golden brown.
- Cut the suluguni into bars, roll in flour, then in beaten eggs and then in breadcrumbs. Fry in a pan.
- For the sauce, fry finely chopped onions in a little vegetable oil. Pour in the wine and evaporate it in half.
- Add beef stock, salt, pepper and condari. Boil until thick.
- Pour some sauce onto a plate before serving. Top with fried watermelon wrapped in bacon and fried suluguni on top.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro leaves.
SALAD WITH WATERMELON AND CHANAKH CHEESE
- Watermelon – 600 g
- Chanakh cheese – 250 g
- Arugula – 60 g
- Cucumbers – 60 g
- Grapes – 60 g
- Feta cheese – 60 g
- Shredded walnuts – 60 g
- Tarhun – 20 g
- Seed the watermelon, cut into cubes and place in one layer on a plate.
- Cut the chanakh cheese into cubes and place in a second layer on top of the watermelon.
- Cut the cucumbers into rings, cut the grapes in two. Mash the feta cheese with a fork.
- Mix arugula, cucumbers and grapes with feta cheese and top the salad.
- Decorate the finished dish with crushed walnuts and tarragon.
COCKTAIL WATERMELON COLLINS
- Watermelon – 75 g
- Watermelon syrup – 20 ml
- Gin – 50 ml
- Lime – 10 g
- Soda – 120 ml
- Cut the watermelon into slices and puree it.
- Squeeze the juice out of half of the lime, and cut the other half of the citrus into wedges.
- Pour gin into a tall sling glass, add watermelon puree, fresh lime, one lime wedge and watermelon syrup.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice, stir and top up with soda.
- Garnish with mint.
DESSERT WITH SEASONAL FRUITS IN YOGHURT SAUCE
- Cream 35% – 30 ml
- Coconut milk – 30 ml
- Condensed milk – 30 ml
- Yogurt – 30 ml
- Mint – twig
- Powdered sugar to taste
- Banana – 1 pc.
- Nectarine – 1 pc.
- Apple – 1 pc.
- Melon – 100 g
- Watermelon – 100 g
- Cut the fruit into large cubes and place in a bowl.
- Combine the cream with powdered sugar and beat thoroughly until the consistency of thick sour cream.
- Combine coconut milk with condensed milk, add yogurt and cream. Stir gently and cover the fruit with a thick layer of sauce.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
SALAD WITH WATERMELON AND STRACCIATELLA
- Watermelon – 190 g
- Spinach – 25 g
- Stracciatella – 60 g
- Passion fruit sauce – 20 g
- Sunflower seeds – 8 g
- Blueberries or blueberries – 10 g
- Chia seeds – 1 g
- Mint – 2 g
- Pepper to taste
- Pre-marinate the watermelon for 2 hours in syrup or water with sugar.
- For the sauce, mix passion fruit puree with honey and vegetable oil.
- Put all the ingredients on a plate and pour over the sauce.