Truffles made with condensed milk – you can’t get much simpler than this! If you like, you can decorate the truffles with sprinkles, dried flower petals or even gold leaf.
10-12 servings, cooking: 20 min + 2 hrs.
What you need:
240g condensed milk
180-200g cocoa powder without sugar
0.3 tsp. ginger powder, vanilla, ground cardamom and cinnamon
What to do:
1. Mix 100g of cocoa powder with the ginger powder, ground cardamom, cinnamon and vanilla.
2. Heat the evaporated milk almost to the boil. In portions, pour in the cocoa mixture, stirring thoroughly with a spatula each time. The mixture should form a pliable mass.
3. Line a small square tin with cling film so that the edges hang down, spread the mixture out and smooth it thoroughly. Cover with the dangling edges and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Place a square of chocolate mixture on a floured board with cocoa powder. Heat a knife and cut the mixture into 2.5-3 cm squares. Sprinkle over the cocoa powder.
5. Shape the truffles into squares with the corners flattened, coating them in cocoa powder so that they do not stick. Place on parchment, sprinkle liberally with cocoa powder and leave to rest for a while before transferring to a serving plate or platter.