Do you want something sweet, but healthy and not too high in calories? You will learn how to make brownies without wheat flour, butter and sugar. Don’t be intimidated by the word “vegan” in the title of the show. You don’t need expensive ingredients to make a healthy cake. Only available products are used, and the entire culinary process, including baking, takes only half an hour.
- frozen pitted cherries – 300 g
- bananas – 200 g
- almond flour – 100 g
- Jerusalem artichoke / chicory / date syrup – 6-8 tbsp.
- cocoa powder – 6 tbsp.
- chocolate drops – 50 g
- vanilla essence – 1 drop
- salt – 1 pinch
- Defrost the cherries in advance.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
- Combine almond flour and cocoa powder in a deep bowl.
- Put banana puree, vanilla essence and Jerusalem artichoke syrup. Stir.
- Add cherries and chocolate drops, stir.
- Transfer the dough to a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 20-25 minutes.
Tips from the pastry chef
Almond flour can be made at home by grinding the nuts in a blender or coffee grinder.
Instead of Jerusalem artichoke syrup, any other sweetener is suitable: honey, coconut or cane sugar.
There are no eggs in the recipe because banana puree replaces them. You can use pumpkin in the same way.
To make the brownie easy to break out of the mold, grease the bottom and sides with vegetable oil.
Do not overcook dessert in the oven. A real brownie should be slightly moist.