Several delicious and healthy ways to satisfy your hunger during work noon
10 rules for a healthy snack:
1. Nutritionists say that you need to refuel at least twice during the day, in addition to the main meals. Food is digested in two to three hours, and after that you can afford to eat something tasty. Otherwise, there will be a feeling of hunger, which will slow down the metabolism. Moreover, then, having seized food, you can simply overeat. The main thing is not to turn snacks into continuous chewing activity and not to substitute them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Snacking is the easiest and most affordable way of emotional release. Attention shifts to food, and at the same time you are practically not distracted from business. In addition, chewing motions stimulate blood circulation and oxygenate the brain.
3. The energy benefit of the “tasty break” should not exceed 250 kcal. Chew food carefully and calmly, savoring every bite. You can kill a worm for the first time before lunch. To avoid killing your appetite, opt for fruits, light salads, curds, smoothies, and dairy products.
4. The second snack should be much smaller and lighter than the first one, it can be arranged closer to dinner. By this time, the digestive processes slow down, the body is rebuilding itself for recovery and begins to make “reserves for the future.” Paradoxically, an apple eaten in the morning is inferior in calories to an evening apple.
5. A simple and obvious option is a nutritional bar. But not all bars are created equal. Carefully study the composition: sugar, chocolate, various dyes, flavors and flavor enhancers are prohibited. If you are monitoring your weight, pay attention to the energy value. Some representatives of such snacks can be very high in calories due to nuts, dried fruits and cereals.
6. Fruits are best eaten before noon, as fiber takes a long time to digest. In addition, they contain a lot of sugar, so those who follow the figure should blacklist bananas, grapes and melons. Preference should be given to seasonal gifts of nature. First, they are better absorbed at the genetic level. Secondly, this is a banal guarantee of freshness and that the fruits were not grown in greenhouses on chemicals and treated with anti-rotting agents.
7. In winter, the lack of vitamins can be replenished with dried fruits or newfangled fruit, as well as vegetable (but not potato) chips. They are now made from literally everything – apples, strawberries, peaches, carrots, beets and even seaweed. The cooking technology allows you to preserve all the necessary substances and at the same time avoid the addition of oil, preservatives, starch and, in most cases, sugar.
8. Almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, etc. – the best choice for students and intellectual workers. Nuts are a treasure trove of B vitamins, which stimulate brain activity, improve memory and concentration, and lift mood. In addition, nuts contain omega acids, which are beneficial for youthful skin and hair. In the case of this snack, the hardest part is to stop in time. In no case should you get carried away with nuts – they have a lot of carbohydrates, so you need to limit yourself to one handful a day.
9. Rye, buckwheat, corn and rice cakes are an excellent alternative to traditional flour products. You can crunch bread just like that, or you can prepare a sandwich with lettuce and chicken fillet in advance.
10. It has been proven that in half of the cases, a person takes ordinary thirst for hunger. Therefore, before you unpack your next snack, drink a glass of water and listen to yourself. By the way, to diversify your working tea breaks, bring ginger root, rose hips, cinnamon, honey and lemon to your office. An energy drink made from these ingredients will replace coffee and strong tea, which should not be overused at the end of the day.